July 16, 2011

simple summer dinner

in between studying for my next examcoming up on wednesday in behavioral sciences, i painted my nails, caught up on the amazing race, cuddled with dek and decided a simple summer dinner was in order. i dressed myself, because i was literally lazying around in my underwear, and went out to buy some greens and loaf of fresh french bread. after seeing this post, i knew i wanted to make little toasts and top them off with seasoned avacado and have a lemony salad on the side. the recipe called for crab meat, but since its hard to find here i skipped it and the toasts were still delish and light.

summer dinner ingredients; excluding the flower, he was for decoration  =)
sliced avacado seasoned with garlic salt, salt,
pepper & lemon juice
 mini toasts with avacado
 summer salad with spinach, feta, baby tomatoes & roasted pine nuts topped with lemon juice and a splash of red wine vinegrette
 perfection

what do you whip up for an easy summer dinner?

2 comments :

Anait said...

I am putting that on my "to cook" list for this week....along with avocado popsicles (they are sooooo good). My go-to summer dinner is usually a salad - with cranberries, sliced almonds, arugula and a raspberry dressing...simple but oh so good!good luck with your exam!

MaviDeniz said...

that food looks so delicious! I've been trying to cook more, but most of the time im too lazy. I like how these are easy to put together.

love your blog, new follower :)