May 27, 2011

he came bearing gifts

my dad just got back from the 30th medical scientific meeting in austin, texas hosted by the american pain society. this annual event is always in a different, amazing location & next year is in honolulu. totes jeal to say the least.

anyway- he acts as my personal messenger/ gift carrier when he travels back home to texas, for me to pass things to my family or vice versa. this time i asked my mom to locate, in my sadly abandoned closet, my perfectly destroyed abercrombie jean jacket from like the 9th grade because a jean jacket is the perfect staple in any wardrobe and i didnt bring it when i moved here because....well...i didnt think i would end up living here. so it arrived with some other goodies. like these hot new balance running shoes, as my nike shox from like 3 years ago gave me the world's biggest blister from this hike that i still have a scar from. it was definetly time to replace the sport shoes. bare minerals faux tan was needed, i like to keep a supply. of course they sell different brands of bronzers here in israel, but i fell in love with bare minerals, thanks to this girl. my sweet sister picked out a super cute op bikini from walmart (would you have guessed?!) and these adorable sandals from target in such a great shade of teal.


hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!  =)

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

i LOVE that swimsuit! i actually got to walmart after summer and stock up on separates (they are like 3 bucks each) for the following season.

im loving the shoes too! have a great weekend!!!

Hot Pink Combat Boots said...

Thats funny your dad became your 'mule'. I understand, that kind of stuff is hard to replace. I found you through Megan and a Suitcase and Stillettos.

Sounds like we're both experiencing a new life overseas. Isreal looks gorgeous!

Michelle